Monday 5 July 2010

Not PowerPoint Again great success!

Not PowerPoint Again on Friday 2nd July was a great success. All the presentations were inspiring and innovative, and the final event of the day - the zine workshop for all participants - allowed everyone the chance to think about their research differently and come to some surprising conclusions.

Some feedback from our participants:

"Thank you for such a fantastic, thought-provoking event which has met my expectations, but surprised me in how much it has challenged my thinking."

"I'm going to try the free-form zine approach when thinking about my research in future."

"The fact that some research seemed initially hard to present 'differently' gave me more confidence in presenting my own work differently."

Read more about the day school at Subtext magazine: http://www.subtextmagazine.co.uk/2010/07/04/knicker-bunting-hand-puppets-zine-making-and-roller-derby/

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on that! I am glad that went well. Good luck on your next event. Thank you for sharing this with us and more power to you!

    ReplyDelete